OSTP is particularly interested in information from community-based health settings and about populations traditionally underserved by healthcare.
“Despite decades of investment in the digital health ecosystem, the COVID-19 pandemic illuminated continuing, substantial limitations in the U.S. healthcare systems, including profound disparities in healthcare and associated poorer health outcomes within certain communities,” the RFI states. “Yet the pandemic has also provided an opportunity for innovation in healthcare delivery across the U.S. and internationally, particularly in community-based settings.”
To support this effort, OSTP is seeking information about these seven topics:
- Successful models of strengthening community health through digital health technologies within the U.S. and abroad
- Barriers to the uptake of digital health technologies
- Trends from the COVID-19 pandemic
- How user experience is measured
- Technological tools, equipment and infrastructure needs of community health workers
- Ideas for potential government action
- Effects on health equity
Comments are due by 5 p.m. Eastern time on Monday, Feb. 28, 2022. Comments can be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Connected Health RFI” in the subject line of the email.