HIMSS 2017: Ensuring Cyber Safety in Healthcare
HIMSS 2017 attendees weigh in on the current threat landscape and share their best practices for keeping protected.
- Doug Dietzman, Executive Director, Great Lakes Health Connect
- Anil Melwani, IT Supervisor/Systems Analyst, Cypress Healthcare Partners
- Jay Politzer, CTO, Satchel Health
- By far, the human factor in cybersecurity is the riskiest. Train employees to recognize phishing and other hacking attempts, and keep that training up to date.
- The proliferation of new medical devices and IoT only compound risks to health provider networks and infrastructure. Here, proper patch management is imperative to ensuring ongoing protection.