Infrastructure Upgrade Brings Patient-Centered Technology to Sauk Prairie
When Sauk Prairie Healthcare decided to replace its aging hospital with a state-of-the-art building, the primary goal was to design an environment that promoted patient healing, safety and quality care. Through a partnership with CDW Healthcare, the nine-person IT team updated Sauk Prairie’s current systems and redesigned a data center that could support future growth.
- Marybeth Bay, IT Director and CIO, Sauk Prairie Healthcare
- Jill Baxter, R.N., Director of Acute Care/ICU, Sauk Prairie Healthcare
- Tom Cousland, Advanced Technology Account Executive, CDW Healthcare
- Bill Spilman, Senior Project Manager, CDW Healthcare
- IT leaders worked with CDW to design, configure and implement a new data center and core infrastructure in 16 months.
- Unified communications technology improved communication and enabled responsive, quality patient care.
- The new hospital substantially increased patient and clinician satisfaction, as well as clinician efficiency.